Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dont you love it when Stumpies results in chubbies?

I fuckin do, man.
Fuck.
Seriously.
Dig it: Papa Lucky went up to the USBC without me... I'm guessing its because, deep down inside that little body of his, he's a bastard. To get back on my good side, he brought back 6 Stumptown coffees for us to cup.
Annnnndddd... go:
-Ethiopia Wondo
-Kenya Gaturiri Reserve
-Sumatra Blue Batak
-Colombia El Porvenir
-Guatemala Finca el Injerto
-El Salvador Aida's Grand Reserve.




... whew.
Needless to say, all of these coffee's rocked. On dry aroma, the Blue Batak was reminiscent of a fresh rain in the middle of a cedar forest; Wondo won, hands down, on the fruity side, with sweet key lime, blueberry, and dry cherry; the el Injerto was divinely sweet, slightly butterscotch-ish.


Flavorwise, the Kenya won it for me. Heavenly sweet, light body. Caramel, toasted peanut notes, with a short, snappy lemon zest finish. The Blue Batak was fuckin HUGE. I mean, 3D. Crunchy celery and mint. Crazy.
Hands down one of the best cuppings I've done, as the coffees really range across the board in every way possible. I snagged some of that Kenya to throw on the siphon at home...


-bza

No comments: