Friday, December 4, 2009

Attention, fine people of Sacramento!

So, I grew up in Nevada County. I'm pretty accustomed for seasons. 110 degree summers and 3 feet of snow in the winters... I fuckin live for that shit. Now, Sacramento doesn't have that huge swing. It gets butt fuckin hot in the summer, and gets to like 30 degrees, WITH CLEAR BLUE SKIES AND NO RAIN, in the winter. But, there is still about 3 weeks each of spring and autumn mixed in.
This last week has been glorious. Extreme fog and moisture in the morning, warms up to about 65, then clear nights with a lowslung moon. Its quite enjoyable. And what I have to hear, being cackled at me from the other side of my bar, is the inccesant whine of people complaining that "it's too cold." I understand people have different tolerences for temperatures, and people have preferences for seasons, but these are THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE that complain that "it's too hot" when the thermometer creeps above 80.

It's at this time that I propose a rather bold, but refreshing idea that these people can dig:

Shut the fuck up, or just fuckin move.

I understand this notion is certainly nothing new. But check it:

That's so awesome. There is absolutely nothing keeping you in Sacramento. Last time I checked, you have the right to pretty much do whatever the hell you want. I fail to understand and comprehend how people that live in a place that they hate.

No comments: